Monday, February 2, 2009
Jackpot
Rick got Larry (his Dad), Kirk Buttars (Brother in-law), and Cal (Kirks Dad) to go to a jackpot ropin in Logan Saturday night. Rick is a header and the rest of them are Heelers, so Rick gets to rope a lot. They always run into other people they know and end up roping with them too. Rick always ends up getting asked to head for people he barley knows. That's when Cal comes in.....Cal has been into this forever...it seems like he knows everyone and if they are a decent roper or not. They all placed in the 8 and under. Rick and Kirk got in the 10 and under a few times and Rick got in the 12 and under with some people I don't think he really knew. They all have at least 1 chance each to win a saddle. They all brought home some money so I guess they did pretty good. Rick and Boozer (his horse) are a great team. I have a hard time with all this rodeo talk and can't follow it most of the time. I know what your thinking Joey married a cowboy? Well Rick doesn't look like a cowboy...he wears a ball cap and his Nike's. Rick High school rodeo'd and everything, and I am afraid Trey will be going that direction too. He can't watch everyone ride horses he has to ride too. I have spent many nights on a horse with him on my lap. I am not a horse rider myself, so it is quite hilarious to see me in action. Rick never thought he would see me on a horse....I never thought he would either....the things we do for our kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love your new family picture, way cute! And you go you little cowgirl:) LOL
Post a Comment